Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolution or Transformation

"'Resolve to honor My name,' 
says the LORD Almighty."
Malachi 2:2

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Romans 12:12

A new year! A time for reflection and for looking ahead for growth and change.  Lasting and fruitful change. Transformation. That can only come through the perfect Word of God. "Every word of God is flawless..." Proverbs 30:5

Transformation. A surrendered heart pursuing holiness. A willingness to yield to the bittersweet process of purification through the washing of the water of the Word. "...offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness." Romans 6:19

Resolutions can tend to be self-centered. Resolutions often are about me, my strength and my commitment. Transformation is Christ-centered. Transformation comes from the renewing of our minds by the washing of the water of God's Word. We surrender and yield to the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives and allow His transformation to take place in our lives through the Truth of God's Word. And WOW...He transforms us into His image! "You have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator." Col. 3:10


"And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Cor. 3:18

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."  Psalm 51:10 

The condition of my heart before the Lord moment-by-moment is most important to me. God creates a pure heart in us. God renews a steadfast spirit in us. My responsibility is to keep my heart before Him in humility. I want to always have a teachable heart. I want to be willing to be broken."The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18  
"Every time we open the Word of God, it should be for the purpose of being broken." - Nancy Leigh DeMoss
“I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite." Isaiah 57:15

As I daily surrender my heart to His truth, He creates a pure heart in me and transforms my heart to be more like His. Wow! That sure is humbling and awesome.

If we resolve to do anything this year, let's resolve to honor His name and be  transformed by His Word. "...'resolve to honor My name,' says the LORD Almighty." Malachi 2:2   This resolve is too lofty for me to attain on my own.  Only by HIS grace and Word can it be so.  His divine power gives us everything we need for life and godliness. (2 Peter 1:3)  Thank You, Lord. 

"I delight in Your decrees; I will not neglect Your word."
Psalm 119:16






Your Devotional Journal



Saying Grace ~ Bring your heart to God in prayer.

Your Portion ~ Where has God met you in His Word today?

Nourishment ~ How does God want to mold and change my heart?

Second Helpings ~ How does God want me to be a doer of His Word today?

Time for Dessert ~ What can I go and share with others today?

"You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,
and praise the name of the LORD your God,
Who has dealt wondrously with you..."
Joel 2:26



No comments: