Friday, June 22, 2012

Books and Beauties

"A sweet friendship refreshes the soul."  
Proverbs 27:9

It was fun to have a few of my beautiful friends share their hearts for God and their devotionals here this past week. Their personal testimonies of God's faithfulness and their lessons they are learning from God's Word have refreshed my heart, as I hope they have yours as well.  I believe we are to tell and share of the good things God is doing in our hearts and lives and families!  "With all my heart...I will glorify Your name forevermore."  ~ Psalm 86:12

God's Word is life.  God's Word is life changing.  Pure and simple.  Daily soaking in His Word is essential to our growth and vitality, and to our relationship with Him and our relationships with others.  "Your Word has given me life." ~ Psalm 119:50

A good book can be refreshing as well!  My favorite books to read are life-application topical Bible studies, testimonial books of how God is transforming someone's life, a great devotional, inductive Bible studies and light-hearted, down-to-earth women's books that confirm for me that I am normal!

Authenticity pursuing holiness.  I love those kinds of people and those kinds of books!

We all need encouragement.  We recently had a guest pastor at our church who said, "If you are breathing, you need encouragement!"

Giving away a book for each of my beautiful girlfriends' guest writing posts, I pray the winners (and all of you) are encouraged!

For Jennifer's devotional "Sippy Cups and Surprises", the winner of "Out of The Mouth of Babes" by Wendy Pope is --- CHRISTA!!!!!!!   Wendy's book offers Biblical principals to apply to your life while raising children.  Holiness and motherhood are two high callings God places on our lives. Holiness can be pursued by making the choice to daily be in God's Word and applying His precepts to our lives.  I LOVE this book and I LOVE Wendy Pope!!!  She is one of my favorite sisters in Christ!  Congratulations Christa!!



For Maria's devotional "Complete, Not Too Complicated", the winner of "Stumbling Into Grace" by Lisa Harper is DANIELLE!!!!!!!  Congratulations!!! This is my current favorite book!  The sub-title had me at "spiritually clumsy"...that's me!!!  Part diary and part devotional, this practical and often humorous book has a meaningful Bible study at the end of each chapter.



For Heather's devotional "Baby Love", I have a surprise winner!  As a special serendipity, I am giving away another copy of "Stumbling Into Grace"!  That winner is ERIKA!!!  Congratulations!!!

Winners ~ be sure I have your your complete name and mailing address!  histablefortwo@live.com

What fun!  I hope you enjoyed getting to know a few of my friends a bit through their writing this past week.  I hope you will continue visit!  We love making new friends!

May He refresh you today!


"...times of refreshing 
come from the presence of the Lord."
Acts 3:19

No comments: