Friday, November 11, 2011

Sitting In The Sycamore Tree

Then Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. Now behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus who was a chief tax collector, and he was rich. And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he was of short stature. So he ran ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him, for He was going to pass that way. And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him, “Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house.” So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully. (Luke 19:1-7)


Sitting in the sycamore tree today, I know Jesus is coming...I am on His path. He looks directly into my eyes and speaks to me face-to-face and invites me to have Him as a guest in my home.  The most highly-honored Guest to dwell in my heart, I receive Him with great joy.  If ever a self-invited guest was welcome in my heart and home, it is Jesus. 

He is coming my way, just like He did with Zacchaeus, and the woman at the well, and so many others. 

Today, I am asking for His salvation to come.  Eternal salvation I already possess, by His grace and mercy.  In Him, I am completely secure.  So, I look for His saving grace today.

Perched in the sycamore tree, I have postured myself to see His movement, His work, His salvation in a difficult situation.  I look to Him because in the pain and unfairness, He will cleanse my heart.  Placing my heart on His sacred threshing floor, I ask Him to create a pure heart in me.

Waiting on Him, I long to hear His whispers, "Make haste and come...I have salvation today."  While I could get lost in the confusion and hurt, He calls me to Himself and saves me.

Sitting in the sycamore tree, looking and waiting for Him.  Trusting and resting in His perfect love and sovereignty. 

Though there is a chaotic crowd around that could cause me to lose my view of Him, I have climbed up the sycamore tree where I quietly sit and wait for Him.  

The view is beautiful from here because I know He is mindful of me and sees me. Amazing love. Forever grace.

I know I won't be here long, and I am glad because He knows I am afraid of heights.  I could be scared, but I choose to trust, to wait, to know.  For I know in Whom I trust.  His embrace, His salvation, His grace...He is on the way. 

And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house...for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
Luke 19:9-10

1 comment:

Jennifer Dougan said...

Hi Sharon,

Nice to meet you. I found you via another's blog. I was grabbed by your title "Sitting in a Sycamore Tree" and enjoyed your parallels. Thank you.

Me too...
Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com