Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Crave It! ~ "My soul thirsts for You"

"You are my God; early will I seek You;
my soul thirsts for You;
my flesh longs for You..." 
Psalm 63:1


"I crave it!  I thirst for God's word every morning...even before I make my coffee!"  My girlfriend's words made my heart leap for joy!  Her heart was being filled and satisfied at His table, in His word, by His truth.  A wife, mom of two wonderful children, a career helping children and a graduate student, my girlfriend is rising early to meet God is in His word.  She knows this truth ~ "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."  Psalm 73:26


As girlfriends and sisters in Christ, I think the most meaningful things we can do are to pray for each other, point each other to Christ, encourage each other in His truth and study His word together.  My "I Crave It" girlfriend is also part of our Gather & Grow Bible study.  She knows the value of "the assembling of yourselves together" for Bible study, fellowship and accountability. 


Melissa Taylor and I were so humbled and excited that SO MANY of you expressed a desire to seek the Lord about leading a Gather & Group Bible study.  Please contact Melissa (Melissa@MelissaTaylor.org) or go here for more information and to get started.  Stay in touch with Melissa as she is preparing a great support network and will be arranging conference calls for leaders soon!  (By the way, Melissa is one of my favorite people in the world, too.  And she gives the best "over the counter" hugs with great enthusiasm and love!!)


I truly wish everyone could win the Made to Crave Bible Study Bundle.  Truly I do.  Betty Kreinbring will be receiving the MTC Bible Study Bundle!!!  Congratulations Betty! I will be emailing you.


Girls ~ be encouraged in what God has called you to do!  Seek Him.  He will lead you perfectly.  "For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  Ephesians 2:10  


I would LOVE to know how God has been speaking to your heart the last few days in His Word!  Please be sure to leave a comment.  I would love to pray for you!


"Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good."
1 Peter 2:2


"I spread out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You like a thirsty land."
Psalm 143:6

4 comments:

Fields of gold said...

Congratulations Betty!! Oh, that the Lord would increase as you study Him and His Word and enfold you in His joy and satisfy you with His truths.

I'm thrilled to read of the gals who are starting Gather&Grow Groups! Lord, thank You!! Please bond hearts to You and each other. Amen!!

Thank you for your faithful servanthood, Sharon. Love you BIG time!!!

Sam

Betty Kreinbring said...

Sharon,

Thank you so much for the opportunity to share the Made to Crave study. I am so excited to see what God has in store for the group that He is helping me put together. I am inspired and looking forward to the Gather and Grow Bible study group.

God is so amazing and I am so blessed everyday. I will pray for this ministry as we all strive to continue on our daily walk with Christ.

Sharon, your blogs feed my soul and you are so very appreciated.

Have a blessed and wonderful day.

Betty Kreinbring

Michele Caséca said...

Sharon,

I'm praying for your fast recovery, and your conference on the weekend!

Blessings sweet sister,

Michele

Rachel Olsen said...

Hey Friend. Just came to stop by the table and say hello to you this morning.

I'm studying in 1 John right now and I crave it too! :)